Home > About NSPS > School Handbook > Rules & Regulations
Rules & Regulations
General School Rules
- Pupils who are Singapore citizens must sing the National Anthem and take the Pledge. Pupils will take the Pledge with the right fist placed over the heart.
- Be gracious and courteous at all times.
- Keep the school environment clean and take good care of school facilities and items.
- Do not engage in rough play or actions that may lead to injury.
- Do not leave the school during school hours without permission.
Regulations on Use of Handphone
Students must bear the full responsibility of taking care of their handphones. They must abide by the following regulations that the school has set in place for the usage of handphones:
- The use of handphones is strictly prohibited during curriculum time, supplementary, remedial lessons and CCA sessions. They can only be used during recess and after official school hours.
- Students must ensure that their handphones are switched off during lessons.
Handphones will be confiscated if students do not abide by the above regulations. Parents/Guardians are then required to report to the General Office to retrieve their child’s/ward’s handphone.
Proper Attire and Hairstyle
- Pupils are to wear the prescribed school uniform and modification to the uniform is not allowed.
- Pupils must wear white canvas shoes and white socks above the ankle.
- Girls who wish to keep their hair long should have it tied up neatly. Hair accessories should only be in white, navy blue or black. They should only put on one pair of ear studs if they wish to. For the safety of the pupils, they should not wear earrings or jewellery.
- Boys must be clean shaven and a beard or moustache is not allowed.
- Boys should have a short and neat haircut.
- Pupils should not colour, dye or highlight their hair.
- Pupils are to keep their finger nails short and clean.